Frequently Asked Questions
Please read the policy and instructions below for withdrawals and changes BEFORE contacting the Brewhouse Triathlon:
To change or cancel your Brewhouse Triathlon registration please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfers: There are no individual transfers (giving up your spot to another person).
Deferrals: Participants competing as individuals (not on relay teams) may defer to the following year for medical emergency reasons only. Proof of medical injury or condition via a doctor’s note must be sent to email@example.com no later than 2 weeks prior to race date.
The Lake is known to be one of the cleanest lakes in northern Minnesota. Water temperature is usually in the low-to-mid 70’s
The bike course is 75% good, smooth tar. This course is fast and has some rolling hills, but nothing too challenging!
The run course is 100% tar. This is a spectator friendly and very fast run course. The aid stations have Heed and water.
Email us for information on training and customized training plans. Ramjet Events Rod Raymond and Howie Leathers also coaches the Duluth Triathlon Team.
While we all know the risks involved with swimming, we take every precaution possible to ensure that the swim portion of the event is as safe as possible. We will have several lifeguards in the water along with people in kayaks, jet skis and boats. If you need to hang on to one of them or feel that you cannot continue, they are there to help you. Wetsuits are allowed and the water temperature is usually around 72˚.
Since we use chip timing your time does not start until your wave begins and stops when you cross the finish line. Our timing is done by Pickle Events.
Duluth and the North Shore are very popular tourist destinations. The majority of hotels in Duluth are within 10 miles of Pike Lake. Go to visitduluth.com or visitsuperior.com to book lodging.
You are required to have bicycle helmet that is approved by the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC). Any participant that does not have an approved helmet will not be allowed to race.
The Following IMPORTANT items pertain to the Brewhouse Triathlon.
• There will be race number pick up on race day from 6:30-7:30am. Per USAT rules, no one else will be allowed to pick up your race packet – no exceptions!
• Bring your valid USA Triathlon license and picture ID to race number pick-up. If you do not have your valid USA Triathlon card with you, you will be required to purchase a one-day license at the event. The cost is $12.
• The pre-race meeting is mandatory for both short and long course participants and will be held on the beach at 8:10am on race day. Valuable information regarding the event will be presented at this time and you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the event.
• There is no required bike check-in for the Brewhouse Triathlon. If you need assistance with your bike while you are in Duluth, please call the Ski Hut Bike Shop – (218) 724-8525. Mechanics from the Ski Hut will be available on race morning for minor maintenance issues.
• The Brewhouse Triathlon has one transition area. You WILL NOT be able to drop your bike off the day before the race. You will need to bring it with you on race morning.
• Start with your assigned wave and rack your bike in your assigned rack. If you fail to do either of these you will be penalized or disqualified. You are NOT allowed to start in any swim wave other than your own – no exceptions!
• In accordance with USAT rules, each age group participant shall be permitted to wear a wet suit without penalty in any event sanctioned by USA Triathlon up to and including a water temperature of 78 degrees Fahrenheit. When the water temperature is greater than 78 degrees, but less than 84 degrees Fahrenheit, age group participants may wear a wet suit at their own discretion, provided however that participants who wear a wet suit within this temperature range shall not be eligible for prizes or awards. Age group participants shall not wear wet suits in water temperatures equal to or greater than 84 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Body marking will take place at the entrance to the transition area on race morning.
• The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road unless instructed otherwise by a race official. For the safety of you, the athlete, we ask that spectators DO NOT drive the course while the race is in progress.
• Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas.
• Do not park on the race course or in private parking lots or your car may be towed. Parking lots specifically designated for the Brewhouse Triathlon will be provided at the event.